- Leaflet: OPTIMAL Project
- Leaflet: Recognition of Prior Learning in VET courses
- Poster: Optimized Effect of Training
- Rollup: Optimized Effect of Training
- Guideline for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) by the use of Response Tools
- A modern cage farm, Mid-Norway 2017
- Monitoring and documentation of production data and work operations in fish farming of salmon, Mid-Norway 2017
- A Sea of Opportunities, Mid-Norway 2017
- Measuring the level of Sea Lice, Mid-Norway 2017
- How is vocational education and training applied in a quality assurance system for fish farming in Norway ?, Mid-Norway 2017
- Joy of learning, Mid-Norway 2018
- How is the aquaculture workplace based training organised, Mid-Norway 2018
- Industry`s engagement in training at the workplace, Mid-Norway 2018
- Report: VET providers and fish farming industry opinion about recognition of prior learning in qualifications and certification
- Leaflet Norway: Developing recognition of prior learning in vocational education and training courses
- Leaflet Scotland: Developing recognition of prior learning in vocational education and training courses
- Leaflet: Aquaculture VET in Norway and Scotland
- Leaflet: National qualification in aquaculture ("Fagbrev i akvakultur")
- Promotion and communication guidelines, developed by FEAP
This video illustrates how recognition of previous learning (RPL) may be applied to support and improve the effect of learning processes in an aquaculture class with students from fish farming industry in Miid-Norway:
50 students attended the courses during the school year 2018-2019.
48 decided to try to take the national theoretical exam, which is one out of two exams in the national qualification framework.
48 students passed this exam.
The group of students got a mean score of 3.5, on a scale from 0 to 6 (best).
This is an improvement of 0.3 points compared to the period 2015-2018, where approaximately the same number of students managed to pass the national theoretical exam.
- Leaflet: Blue Workbased Learning: Recognition of Prior Learning in Vocational Education and Training
- A Guide for VET Teachers with a focus on aquaculture
These 2 videos illustrates and defines the overall framework that aquaculture VET must support in Norway:
- How is the work at a fish farm in Norway organized?
- Industry wants their staff to hold a national qualification
Analysis: Analysis of Scottish MA Aquaculture knowledge requirement (level 2) (excel)
- Work-based learning in aquaculture
- How is work-based learning in aquaculture organized?
- Facilitating vocational education and training (VET) in aquaculture
- A method for optimizing the effect of training
- How to organize high quality aquaculture VET
- Student lead learning in aquaculture VET
LEARNING MATERIALS: Consisiting of 202 pages with text, 101 pages with multiple choice questions, and 321 pages with Power Point slides.
Water characteristics: Learning resources (52 pages, pdf), question bank (14 pages, pdf), inventory for Water characteristics (excel)
Fish Biology and Life Cycles: Learning resources (36 pages, pdf), question bank (14 pages, pdf), inventory for Fish Biology and Life Cycles characteristics (excel)
Fish Health: Learning resources (47 pages, pdf), question bank ( 10 pages, pdf), inventory for Fish Health (excel)
Fish Anatomy: Learning resources (15 pages, pdf), fish external anatomy (13 slides, ppt), fish internal anatomy (14 slides, ppt), question bank (17 pages, pdf), inventory for Fish Anatomy characteristics (excel)
Nutrition and Growth: Learning resources (52 pages, pdf), question bank (31 pages, pdf), inventory for Nutrition and Growth characteristics (excel)
Boats and knotts: Question bank (15 pages, pdf)
Aquaculture course in Norway: Aquaculture learning materials for use in classroom, including excersices (147 pages/294 slides, in Norwegian)